HTML Map

6.07.2011

tasty tuesday, on a tuesday!

Last night Trav and I went to bed at 9, we both needed the sleep. We haven't done that in a while, but I'm glad we did... little girl did not sleep well. Sickness always throws her sleep off for a few days, and though her fever is gone and she's happy for the most part, she still seems uncomfortable sometimes. Poor babe. Hopefully she'll be back to sleeping well by the end of the week. 

In any case, going to sleep early was nice. It feel deserved, since I've actually felt really productive lately. Some of its been boring things, like work stuff, washing more dishes, putting away all the clothes, lots of quick clean ups. But some of its been different: planting flowers in my front flowerbed, getting stuff ready for Gwen's official start in the toddler room (start of summer session, two weeks!). Whether boring or different though, its all making me feel good. I like being productive.

I also like working from home, which I'm doing today for the first time in two weeks! There were vacation days, work events, and holidays in there that kept me from my normal routine. But today I'm home, and cooking! Its going to be hot today, and tomorrow, and Thursday. Almost 100* tomorrow and Thursday, in fact. Yuck. So, light foods, salads, things that don't give off heat are the name of the game.

Today I'm making a different type of salad. We're going to be eating salads of some sort for the next few days (so as to not turn on our oven or stove AT ALL), and I wanted something that wasn't boring, that had some substance to it! It does involve some cooking at first, but since its still nice and cool, I did the little bit of roasting this morning, and now the oven is off and the rest (to do tonight) is just putting it together.


Roasted Potato, Spinach and Parmesan Salad

1. Heat oven to 450*. On a large baking sheet, toss 2 lb potatoes, cut into 3/4-in pieces with 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, and 3/4 tsp each crumbled dried rosemary and kosher salt until evenly coated. Roast 40 minutes, tossing once, until potatoes are golden. Cool on baking sheet.

2. In a large salad bowl, whisk 1/2 c light mayo, 1 tsp grated lemon zest, 1 1/2 Tbsp each lemon juice and water, and 1 clove garlic, crushed. Add potatoes, 6 cups baby spinach, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; toss until dressed. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.

Enjoy!!


 Updated:

It was very good! Trav and I loved it, savory and filling. I'll definitely be making this again.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know Gwenie was sick ... it is amazing how those "bugs" come and go at that age. Hope she is ALL better.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!
~ Meegs